Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Reflections

If there is one big thing I learned from my TeacherReady (alternative pathway to teaching license) program, it's the need to REFLECT. I am sure I am not the only one struggling with this. Am I? Maybe my school is more hectic than most... I have often envisioned myself sitting down to write a few reflections at the end of each school day, but it has yet to happen. The school is in such a crazy state of kids rushing to clubs, parents picking kids up (and chatting with me about their child's day), and after-school clubs of my own. I am incredibly lucky that my boss has arranged a yoga teacher (FREE for teachers!), who comes to our school for a lesson every Tuesday. I would be lost without it!

Anyway, I suppose I am making a big effort right now to take a moment each day to think about what went well in my class today. Does anyone know if there is an online journal system or something like that for teachers? I am afraid I am addicted to typing and being online. Though I could try using Word or something to keep my reflections. Hmmmm....

In other news, we recently added a Relaxation component to our school day. It's only 5-10 minutes of relaxing (alone, in a comfortable place, where you won't be bothered by anyone - stuffed animals allowed!). It's our new vegging out time! I love it, and I think it's good for the kids, too. I would love some suggestions for music. Right now I just find "deep sleep" or "meditation" songs on youtube, but our computer is so ancient, that its motor starts humming more loudly than the music at times. I need to get a CD of sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment