Sunday, January 13, 2013

Five for Friday

Five for Friday!

This is a couple of days late, but I love the idea :) What about doing it every week?

1. Monday was our first day back to school, and, with the help of my insane cat, I was up and out of bed at 6:00am! I actually liked that extra get-ready-for-school time so much that I decided to set my alarm clock for 6 or 6:15 latest every day! Fun! Now, I can't wait until spring when there's actually light outside at that hour...

2. The kids were SO happy to be back to school! I had just one crier, but she was easily placated and we decided to make a picture for mommy. One of my (very dramatic) girls greeted me with SUCH enthusiasm (and a BIG hug), it really made my week.

3. My kids cannot keep their hands out of their mouths!!! So my assistant and I decided to take one of the bottles of "special soap" (hand sanitizer) and keep it in our classroom. Now instead of sending kids down the hall to the bathroom to wash their hands each time, we can just disinfect them quickly in the classroom. When I introduced it, one of my kids immediately raised his hands and said, I had my hands in my mouth. Oh dear. We'll see how this works.

4. I have decided to blog a lot more! I took loads of pictures this week, and I hope I can keep it up all year!

5. Thursday we had a visitor in our morning circle. He is a quite large Danish man, observing our school to help us grow in a positive direction. We went around the circle to introduce ourselves and when he introduced himself and said his age (as all of the children did), my little drama queen said, "I want to be able to pick you up."

Hmm, maybe I should start a funniest quote of the week blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment