Sunday, January 20, 2013

Arctic Life and Inuksuks

Here are a couple of activities I included in our study of People of the Arctic.

We watched this great video from Sesame Street first of all :)

On Tuesday we played an Inuksuk matching game I found online here.

Then, I prepared a few scraps of paper (brown, light brown, black) on which I hand-drew some stone-like shapes. Older kids might be able to draw their own. I am sure my kids could, too, but I didn't want them to have perfect shapes to work with. I thought having a few giving irregular shapes to work with would be more ... realistic.




Thursday we used the inuksuk idea again for measuring practice. I created a handout with three inuksuks, which the children measured using (play) pennies. That's always fun :) 

Find my inuksuk worksheets and other ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment