Monday, February 11, 2013

Reflections on a Strange Day

Well, yesterday I was home in bed with a fever all day. I am often slightly ill due to my chronic sinusitis problems, but I am rarely so ill that I lack an appetite or have an actual fever! However, I went to bed at 8pm last night and got a good 10.5 hours of sleep. I wasn't tip top at school today, but guess what? Over half of the ENTIRE student body was home sick! That's from all classes, aged 2 to 9. My assistant was also sick, but between my class and the other 4-5 year old classroom, we had just nine kids. It was great working together, and in the afternoon my colleague's assistant led the class, so she and I actually got time to collaborate on upcoming activities. I love to work with her, but we don't have any time scheduled in our day to actually collaborate. It feels so good to have even thirty minutes to plan things together. Hopefully we'll find a way to make this planning time happen more consistently.

Off to bed (quite late tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment