Saturday, February 9, 2013

Q and R

For the letter Q, we decorated letter templates (from dltk.com) with squares of fabric. The children wrote the word "quilt." I think it worked quite well, and they look great! I just used what scraps we had in our art corner at school. I miss the scraps you could buy quite cheaply in America. Nothing is so cheap here, but perhaps I haven't been to many sewing shops. I love working with different materials with the kids, and they love it, too!


For letter Rr, we cut out the letter templates and glued them to colored paper. The kids then added rice and wrote the word "rice." It's fun to see how much they enjoy just playing with and feeling the rice. Another fun texture-filled activity :)

For letter Q art, the children painted with Q-tips. I'll have to add those pictures later. They turned out so great!


It's good to have such activities once a week to ensure scissor practice :) The kids have gotten really good at cutting out holes. Check out those R's!



No comments:

Post a Comment