Sunday, July 29, 2012

London Bus Activities!

I finally got around to taking some picture of our summer art projects! I was very happy with how the bus came out! I actually worked together with a colleague and I loved her idea of painting the bus, the cutting it out and gluing it to colorful paper. The children then put themselves in the drivers' seat and added a few friends in the windows. I let them do silly faces when I took their pictures, but you can make that decision yourself :) I love it!!


How we did it: Printed out the London bus template from my London Unit Deluxe. The children painted the bus red using their fingers. When dry, the teacher cut out the bus, and the children glued their buses on the desired color of paper. Meanwhile, we took pictures of the children making silly faces, and cut them out. 

I do have a bus template in the same unit, which looks more like a normal bus (not a double decker) and could be used as a school bus project for back to school! Not quite so recognizable when you live in Europe, but for all you teachers in the US, that could be a fun idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment